~in which I share my own experience of emotional abuse through signs that I noticed on reflection of my childhood~
- Being ignored, unsure of what I have done to deserve this, for extended periods of time, meanwhile parental roles were neglected. Often Y was left to look after me while X refused to acknowledge my existence, even while I was very young.
- Fear and anxiety when X is talking to me or nearby, I find myself wanting to keep any contact to a minimum.
- Discomfort and unease with any phsycial contact.
- X was often found to be reading my diary or searching my bedroom while I was not there- this was a strong breach of my privacy. X often looks through my bin.
- X often would control how much money I spent and what I spent my money on. Y was often not allowed to spend money unless it was approved by X.
- X controls and decides for me some of my major life decisions, such as what options I was taking for a level and what degree I would like to take at uni.
- Y feeling like she wants to escape the partnership, yet feeling powerless to do so.
- X often expresses anger undirectly through sarcasm, slamming of dishes and talking down to Y and I.